The Department of Urology at Lifeline Hospital is at the forefront of providing clinical services, innovative treatment strategies, and fundamental research for diseases of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to care, with our team of recognized clinicians and researchers working together to make available the very latest in diagnostic and treatment options for urologic disease.
At Lifeline Hospital, the Department of Urology offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for urological conditions like kidney stones, male infertility and cancers. Our state-of-the-art urology unit offers minimally invasive, scarless options for urologic procedures and medical management of kidney diseas AND dialysis machines supported by 24 hour nephrologist cover in case of emergencies. The department boasts of the latest ESWL (Lithotripsy) machine that is used to treat stones and also the Urodynamic lab for diagnoses of urinary problems. Our full time specialist surgeons and oncologists cooperate in the treatment of urological cancers
- SURGERY FOR BENIGN HYPERPLASIA OF PROSTATE
- SURGERY FOR CANCER OF PROSTATE
- SURGERY FOR KIDNEY CANCER/
- PERCUTANEOUS NEPHRO LITHOTOMY
- SURGERY FOR URINARY BLADDER CANCER/CYSTS
Kidney stones are small, hard deposits that form inside your kidneys. The stones are made of mineral and acid salts. Kidney stones have many causes and can affect any part of your urinary tract - from your kidneys to your bladder. Often, stones form when the urine becomes concentrated, allowing minerals to crystallize and stick together.
- Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
- Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
- Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
- Pain on urination
- Pink, red or brown urine
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Nausea and vomitingy
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Urinating more often than usual
- Fever and chills if an infection is present
Inflammatory bowel disease involves chronic inflammation of all or part of your digestive tract. It primarily includes ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. It can be painful and debilitating, and sometimes leads to life-threatening complications.
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Blood in your stool
- Eye inflammation
- Skin disorders
Interstitial cystitis is a chronic condition characterized by a combination of uncomfortable bladder pressure, bladder pain and sometimes pain in your pelvis, which can range from mild burning or discomfort to severe pain.
- Pain in your pelvis or between the vagina and anus in women or between the scrotum and anus in men
- Chronic pelvic pain
- A persistent, urgent need to urinate
- Frequent urination, often of small amounts, throughout the day and night
- Pain during sexual intercourse